time or part-time students age 30 and under who are enrolled in, or
have been accepted to, an accredited university, college,
vocational/technical school or community college.
The primary criteria to qualify for a Third Wave scholarship is
vigorous engagement in activist work and financial need. The
Scholarship Committee prioritizes applicants who have limited
access to financial resources and whose civic, community, or
cultural work shows a commitment to social justice.
Within our scholarship grantmaking, the Woodlake Fund provides
scholarships for young women of color who prioritize social justice
and the work done in the spirit of justice and equality over
academic performance, and who integrate social justice into all
areas of their lives.
Students applying for grants should also be involved as activists,
artists , or cultural workers working on issues such as racism,
homophobia, sexism, or other forms of inequality. The amount of
each scholarship is decided after careful review of the student's
financial aid report. The number of scholarships awarded depends
on the amount of each award. Scholarships range in amount from
$500 and $5,000 each. Our deadlines are April 1 and October 1.
DEADLINE: October 1 for Spring 2004
1. Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in an accredited university
2. Under the age 30
3. Demonstrate financial need - Primary criterion.
4. Be full-time or part-time
5. Be involved as activists, artists, or cultural workers working on issues such as racism, homophobia, sexism, or other forms of inequality.
1. Application Form available at
2. 500 word Essay
3. Official Transcripts(and high school transcripts for college freshman).
4. Two letters of recommendation.
5. Copy of Financial Aid Report from school
6. Copy of parent's/guardian's most recent tax return (or your own if you are completely economically independent from parents/guardians.)
The number of scholarships awarded depends on the amount of each award.
Scholarships range in amount from $1,000 to $5,000 each.
QUESTIONS: Contact Third Wave Foundation at:
Third Wave Foundation
116 East 16th Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003
tel: 212.675.0700 |